Amazon FBM – Buyer-Initiated Order Cancelations
This shares new information about Buyer-initiated order cancelations for Amazon FBM Sellers (Amazon Seller Central). The new process streamlines communication for canceled orders on items sold via Fulfillment By Merchant (FBM) on Amazon Seller Central.
March 2, 2022 - By HINGE COMMERCE
This shares new information about Buyer-initiated order cancelations for Amazon FBM Sellers (Amazon Seller Central):
Per Amazon Seller Central:
“We received feedback from many of you that you would like to have a better process to cancel orders without having to search for buyer cancelation requests in the Buyer-Seller messaging tool. You shared that it can be easy to miss seeing cancelation requests because they get lost among multiple buyer-seller messages, which if left unattended can result in product returns and refunds.
Effective April 27, 2022, we are making changes to the process of managing buyer cancelation requests to make it easier and more efficient.
Changes to the buyer-initiated order cancelation requests for sellers who use Seller Central:
- Cancelation requests will appear in a banner on the Manage orders page.
- Notifications will no longer be sent through Buyer-Seller messaging.
- Cancelation requests can be seen in order reports. You will have to enable the Buyer-Requested Cancel field for visibility.
- To learn how to add this field, go to: Upcoming changes to the buyer-initiated order cancellation process.
Changes to the buyer-initiated order cancelation requests for sellers who use APIs:
- You can now view buyer cancelation requests through your own systems by using the List Order Items API. We are adding 2 fields on the API response which developers will be able to import and surface on their systems.
- Once you import the buyer cancelation requests, you can continue to cancel orders with whichever process you currently use, either through API feeds on Seller Central or with a file upload.
- You will still be able to use the Buyer-Seller messaging tool to contact customers.
- If customers write through this tool requesting a cancelation, we recommend that you instruct them to cancel their orders on their “Your orders page.”
- For more information, go to: Upcoming changes to the buyer-initiated order cancellation process