This shares tips for setting up FBM on Amazon (Fulfill by Merchant):
- For FBM, always provide valid tracking information:
Amazon customers depend on tracking numbers to find out where their orders are and when they can expect to receive them. Sellers are required to provide valid tracking for their Merchant Fulfilled Network (MFN) orders when selling on Amazon. For more information, see Valid Tracking Rate or visit our Valid Tracking Rate FAQs.
- Manage your delivery time:
Amazon provides an estimated delivery time to buyers on the offer and checkout pages so customers know when to expect an item they have ordered from you. We determine the estimated delivery time from the moment a buyer places an order until that order is delivered, taking into consideration handling and transit times. You can modify your handling time and transit time by following the instructions in the Manage your delivery time Help page. You can also use Shipping Settings to set the default shipping service levels that you will use for orders you ship to buyers, for example standard, expedited, or two-day shipping.
- Set your default return instructions:
Update your Amazon selling account with valid return instructions for all MFN orders. You can find more information on how to do this on our Set your default return instructions page. You can find more information on the Manage returns Help page. Remember, to ensure a consistent experience for buyers you must match or exceed Amazon’s return policies.
- Confirm your account is updated with a valid return address:
When you approve a buyer’s request to return a product, Amazon sends the buyer a return label with your default return address. To support this return process, sellers must provide a valid return address. For more information on how to do this, see Set your default return address.
- Comply with Amazon’s Drop Shipping Policy:
Drop shipping, or allowing a third party to fulfill orders to customers on your behalf, is acceptable only as long as you adhere to Amazon’s Drop Shipping Policy. To comply with this policy, you must:
- Be the seller of record of your products
- Identify yourself as the seller of your products on all packing slips, invoices, external packaging, and other information included or provided in connection with them
- Remove any packing slips, invoices, external packaging, or other information identifying a third-party drop shipper prior to shipping the order
- Be responsible for accepting and processing customer returns of your products
- Fulfill your orders with Amazon’s Buy Shipping: With Amazon’s Buy Shipping, you can buy shipping labels individually or in bulk, ship and confirm your orders, and track your shipments. Buy Shipping ensures that your products are delivered to the customers using a trusted network of shipping carriers. Learn more on the Buy Shipping services Help page.
Remember, regardless of whether you use FBM or Amazon FBA, you are required to comply with all other terms of your seller agreement and applicable Amazon policies. Reach out to HINGE COMMERCE to learn the best practices for Amazon fulfillment and inventory management.